Battle of the Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Gods

The Roleplay forums for Battle of the Gods.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
It is now turn 2.

Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins

Go down 
+3
Omegatron
eliotn
Oralordos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet
Name: Imun
Race Name: Ilosa

Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Turn 1
Imun suddenly reappears in the room. He seems very upset and is partially transparent and the edges of his form seem to be indistinct.
"I forgot to put up the sign! I am really very sorry everyone. I will do so now. Oh and I now announce the beginning of turn one."

Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins Turn_111

NameGrowth Point CostAdditional Cost
Upgrade Outpost to Settlement3N/A
Upgrade Settlement to Village8N/A
Upgrade Village to Town15Iron
Upgrade Town to City24Iron
Upgrade City to Metropolis35Iron
Settler6N/A
Resource Gatherer2N/A
Transport Ship2Wood
Military Transport Ship5Wood, Iron
Army8N/A
Strengthen ArmySee BelowSee Below
Outposts produce 1 growth point per turn.
Settlements produce 2 growth points per turn.
Villages produce 3 growth points per turn.
Towns produce 4 growth points per turn.
Cities produce 5 growth points per turn.
Metropolis produce 6 growth points per turn.

Training an army will give you an army with a strength value of 2. You may strengthen an army on a city by paying two growth points per strength point added to the army up to a maximum increase of strength points twice that of the amount of growth points the city gains per turn. Armies will require access to iron whenever their strength points are increasing above 10. Armies can be split apart into separate groups at a cost of 4 points of strength per split. The remaining strength points can be split as desired. Armies can also merge into one group gaining 3 points of strength in doing so as well as combining their strength values.

Transport ships can carry armies with a strength value of 5 or less.
Military transport ships can carry armies with a strength value of 15 or less.

Settlers can skip their turn and vanish in order to make an outpost on the tile they are on.

All cities have access to the resource produced by the tile they are on. Anything of "city" size or higher also has access to the tiles next to it. Resource gatherers can go out and skip a turn on a tile to get the resource from it and bring it back to a city to give the city access to said resource for a turn.

Imun seems to have calmed down now. He's more normal looking.
"All hills produce iron and all forests produce wood. Other resources exist. It's up to you to find them.

Oh and I said before that units can travel ten spaces per turn. Mountains can be traveled through at a pace of one per turn. Very slow. But you can skip a turn while on a mountain to map it out and make it only take two of your movement points to travel through the tile from then on.

Armies fight by subtracting their strength points from each other. Defender gains an advantage of keeping one point otherwise lost. A simplification? Most certainly. But it keeps the game moving along.

Finally, please remember that this is only the things you know about right now. Other items may be added to this table when you discover them."
Back to top Go down
eliotn

Character sheet
Name: Rogue
Race Name: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:10 pm

"Don't know if I can do much this turn, with only one growth point. Anyways, great game you have there. Its given me some ideas for a project I might work on while I make this game..."

"Anyways, lets try to discover other rules to this game. This could be interesting! I wonder what the mechanism is for time travel..."

Meanwhile, Rogue sensed that the tree at the heart of the outpost was gaining strength, and the pixies living around it were becoming more numerous.

No civ actions this turn, due to only one growth point and minimum is 2 for any action.
Back to top Go down
Omegatron

Character sheet
Name: Algeron
Race Name: Metrozoi

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm

"It does all sound interesting but, like Rogue, I think I won't have anything to do this turn."
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 pm

"Perhaps I can help a little bit. I declare that all starting outposts start with 5 growth points. Sara, when you place your outpost it will have bonus points as well. Perhaps that will decrease the start of the game slowness."
Back to top Go down
Omegatron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 am

"In that case I'll upgrade my outpost to a settlement. How does combat between a settlement (or city or outpost or whatever, is their a single noun for a settlement whatever level it is?) and an army work? And do places of higher levels get any other abilities besides more growth points (such as a defensive bonus or something)? Also, can a transport ship carry a settler or resource gatherer and do they move at ten grid squares per turn too?"
Back to top Go down
UsOurselvesandWe

UsOurselvesandWe

Character sheet
Name: Siccus
Race Name: Bellundinae

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:45 am

In a balcony on the second floor Siccus sits against the railing musing over the oddities that can be found in the mansion; doors on the first floor that lead to rooms on the third and fifth floors, the layout of the rooms seem to change if you have a destination I mind. Then there’s the green house, a room that does not seem to be on any floor in particular. All in all the mansion is very similar to what he would build if he had the time to spend. Hearing a commotion from the main room he turns to see that Imun has returned and had given instructions on how to take the first turn.

‘Well, I guess I should get down there.’ He stands up and starts to walk down the hall to the stairs. Thinking to himself, ‘maybe I’ll upgrade to a settlement like Algeron has done.’ A gust of wind blows the door in front of him open. looking in ‘Hmm, the green house. . . Well, the turn can wait, I’ve been passing up Exploring this place to long it’s time to see how far it goes.’ Siccus walks in and the door shuts behind him.

The Bellundinae have spread out to different burrows the brothers have each taken two kids with them, upgrading the outpost to a settlement.
A retroactive point (or points if need be) has been spent on Certae (making her a diplomat of sorts) she should be located at U14 the beginning of the next turn.
Back to top Go down
skimmer

Character sheet
Name: Jashphier
Race Name: Jasphee

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 am

"Ok, pretty neat" Jashphier smiled.
"I will up-grade my outpost to a settlement and get one gatherer."
He paused.
"oh, and how long is each turn? Im sorry if you've already said this but i've been day dreaming a bit lately."
Back to top Go down
Snowyowl

Snowyowl

Character sheet
Name: Somerley
Race Name: Aquarians

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:10 pm

"Ah, good. It's a relief to finally start the game."

"Hmm, I hadn't realised my city and Jashphier's were quite so close together. The resources on the island are limited; this will call for some diplomacy."
Somerley examines the growth point table closely. "It seems to me that the best course of action will be to create a large number of Settlements, at least for now while most of the map remains unoccupied. I'll spend 3 growth points to upgrade Genesia to a Settlement, and the other 2 will let me send out a resource gatherer. Does a 'resource gatherer' necessarily have to be one person? In fact, can I move it this turn or will I have to wait? Either way, I'l move it to I25. It doesn't really matter if that happens this turn or next."

Genesia produces 1 growth point. Genesia produces 0 growth points because I already got 5 this turn and asking for more would just be greedy. Genesia spends 3 growth points to become a Settlement and 2 points to produce a Resource Gatherer. Current balance: 0 growth points.

Last edited by Snowyowl on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:38 pm

"I would say that Outposts count as armies of strength 1, Settlements as strength 3, Villages as strength 5, Towns as strength 10, Cities as strength 16, and Metropolis as strength 20. They don't take damage from attacks though, either you capture them or you don't.

Transport ships can carry one unit of any type. Armies that are too strong are just too numerous or heavy to fit in the transport. Transports do run at 10 tiles per turn yes.

Turns take an average length of one month.

Stuff can move on the same turn as they are built. I can understand not wanting to for armies though.

Resource Gatherers are not necessarily one person. They are however many people as is required to gather the resource.

Oh and I said that the Outposts would start with five growth points, that means they have five points this turn instead of one. No getting one.

I am going to walk around the mansion. I would like everyone at some point soon to come around and privately talk to me. We will be discussing any special powers or weaknesses your civilization will have."

OOC: That means PM me for the conversation. Also, the amount of growth points a city has can be found on your profile. I will try to keep it as up to date as I can.
Back to top Go down
Omegatron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm

"Right, I'll make sure I talk to you at some point. When you said hills produce iron you meant mountains didn't you. Also, when a resource gatherer arrives at a resource do they have to skip a turn their and on the next turn the city can access the resource or do they need to skip a turn to gather the resource then make their way back to the city? Sorry if I'm overloading you with questions, I want to make sure I have everything clear before I make long term plans."
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 pm

"Ahh, did I say hills? I am very sorry, I meant mountains. Resource gatherers have to bring the resource back to their city for the resource to be given to the city."
Back to top Go down
eliotn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:10 am

"I was paying attention during a particularly interesting game of Dwarf Fortress. It made me appreciate how the best offense is a good offense. In light of this, I will follow everyone else's lead and upgrade the outpost to a settlement."

"Now, I am going to have a private talk with Imun about the game. Hope to have a nice adventure!"

"That reminds me, still need to think of a name for the settlement. Perhaps the pixies have already named it."

Rogue went briefly back to his game, as in the world below, something amazing began to happen.

I spend 3 growth points upgrading the outpost to a settlement. It has 2 growth points in reserve.
Back to top Go down
UsOurselvesandWe

UsOurselvesandWe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:44 pm

The immediate area looks like any other hobbyist’s greenhouse, plants arranged neatly in pots and trays separated by categories only they could define, but several hundred yards down the rows the planters are overturned spilling their contents on the intricate tile work. Still farther down the path the room is overrun with waist high shrubs and vines climbing the walls. Not far from there the room is indistinguishable from the outside with trees blocking the view of the walls and the ceiling nowhere to be seen.

Walking into a clearing and surveying his surroundings Siccus sees that he is back on the game world and that the Bellundinae woman from before is nearing the clearing, he decides to wait for her.

“You’re a very determined woman, traveling so far on your own just to check the credibility of an offhand remark from what more than likely just your imagination.”

“This object proves your existence,” pointing to half of what used to be the aluminum board, now formed around her neck, the other half formed around her right hand reinforcing and extending past her claws. “That means that there could be truth to what you said, and that means there is a potential threat to my children and I cannot let that be.”

A thought pops into Siccus’ head, he smirks. “Then by all means, continue on I won’t get in your way.” He makes his way back though the trees and soon finds his way back to the mansion.

Walking into the main room “Somerley, I’ve been thinking about what you had said earlier, world peace would make for a rather boring game, and With a little push in the right direction the Bellundinae could be a formidable scourge, it may not be the best choice but at the very least it will bring a bit of excitement to the game.”
Back to top Go down
Snowyowl

Snowyowl

Character sheet
Name: Somerley
Race Name: Aquarians

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:19 am

"I'm glad you think so. I'm beginning to think I made the Aquarians too nice, myself. They want to explore the world, not conquer it."

Somerley shrugged. "My fault for taking so little time in creating them, I guess. That's a mistake I won't make again."
Back to top Go down
eliotn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:29 pm

"Oh noes, people want to go to war? I guess it is way too tempting."
Back to top Go down
Omegatron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 pm

"War is definitely not a good idea at least at this stage of the game. The cost of raising an army and upgrading its strength takes up so many growth points that it would cripple anyone who tried to do it. Of course, later on war will be pretty much inevitable."
Back to top Go down
UsOurselvesandWe

UsOurselvesandWe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 pm

“It’s not like I will send them in to a war of attrition right off the bat, that wouldn’t be my style, nor I think theirs. At the moment they seem to be fairly docile, if easily set on the aggressive. So I wouldn’t worry about this crippling my start game, as I still have to set them on this new path. If I urge them too quickly they may think me a devil. At any rate,” sitting on a couch and putting his feet on the nearby coffee table “I did say it was just to make the game more interesting.”
Back to top Go down
Shalkka

Shalkka

Character sheet
Name: Razar
Race Name: Ratafan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Razar spends a good while observing as the Ratafan start to build a settlement from the aid of the resources the nearby mountain provides. Carefully weighting on what impact the previous message had on them Razar carefully plans the next announcement. Ratafan seem to be motivated to do the same thing for widely different reasons and while they now started to do exactly as Razar would have instructed, the next controversy could very well shatter their unity.

3 points to Settlement upgrade. 2 points to resource gatherer mining iron from the southern moutain
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:08 am

Turn 2
Back to top Go down
eliotn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:10 am

"I guess I am just going to bide my time, watch what the other gods are doing, and try to counteract that."

Rogue does not assign any growth points on the settlement.
Back to top Go down
Omegatron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:41 am

Algeron notices the turn has changed and walks over to the game board before shaking his head slightly and sitting back down and continuing reading his book.

Algeron does nothing this turn.
Back to top Go down
skimmer

Character sheet
Name: Jashphier
Race Name: Jasphee

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 am

"Ahh good, a new turn!"
Jashphier dances in a jolly fashion over to the sheet music.
"Doo ba-doo-ba-doo" He mumbles enthusiastically.
He plays a quick chord on his tarnished violin.

move's one gatherer to J26
Back to top Go down
UsOurselvesandWe

UsOurselvesandWe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:07 am

After getting comfortable Siccus appears to have fallen asleep upside down his hair hanging inches from the floor, a small grin on his face. With his eyes obscured by the goggles it is hard to tell for certain, at any rate he's snoring softly.

No points used this turn, certae moves to U15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins   Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Gods: The Battle Begins
Page 1 of 1