Battle of the Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Gods

The Roleplay forums for Battle of the Gods.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
It is now turn 2.

Battle of the Gods Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet
Name: Imun
Race Name: Ilosa

Battle of the Gods Rules Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Gods Rules   Battle of the Gods Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Here are the rules of the game in no particular order.
  • You must have your character sheet filled out before you post here. OOC area is fine though.
    You can access your character sheet from your profile.
  • All in-character conversations must either take place on the forums or somewhere that I can see so I can record it. Or you can communicate privately and send me a log of the conversation.
  • All actions you take must be through the forums. Either by posting in the main thread, or by sending me a PM if you don't want the other players to know.
  • All the players take on the role of a god/goddess.
  • The game takes place in a strange mansion.
  • The gods arrive one at a time and don't know how they got there.
  • You may decide on the circumstances of how your god arrived at the mansion.
  • One of the rooms of the mansion is found quickly by all the gods. This will be the main room where most things take place.
  • Each god has a favored race, this can be a race created by the god or an adopted race or whatever.
  • The gods may team up or fight amongst themselves as much as they want. All gods are immortal and can't be killed or even incapacitated by any of the other gods.
  • The gods can create miracles and pretty much do whatever they want besides leave the mansion, some strange force keeps the gods stuck in the mansion and keeps them from teleporting around the mansion.
  • You might want to avoid performing too many major miracles to avoid the other gods teaming up against you. Party tricks like conjuring snacks should be ignored as such.
  • Good role-playing will be rewarded.
  • Rule of Cool may allow you to get away with more stuff as well.
    • Example: Making a nuke destroy everything at an area will not be allowed. Making it rain miniature radioactive sharks that shoot laser beams from their eyes that destroy an entire area might be considered.

• Don't ruin other's fun.
  • Further rules will be found out/made up during game play.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand anything. If it is something I want you to find out through game play I will let you know that. Otherwise I'll do my best to answer the question.
Let me know if I make a mistake. Good things happen to those who help the game master.
Like lots of pie or money appearing near their god.

Reposted from the original place this was from.
Magikarcher wrote:
Here are some of my ideas for the game.

Shallowsouls: These are people that were just selected to become gods, like my character.

Mansion Ambiguity: The mansions layout and style is different for every person, this way we don't have to draw maps and inconsistencies with how rooms are connected make sense.

Game Room: The game room is also subject to Mansion Ambiguity, and everyone sees it differently.

Game Board: The game board display is specific to each user, so multiple people can use it at once. The display can be shared if necessary.

Hyperdimensional Amnesia: A form of amnesia that Shallowsouls suffer when they transit dimensions. It is broken when familiar ideas, concepts, or memories are developed.

Bookshelves: For my character, at least, these are a way to develop his knowledge and break his Hyperdimensional Amnesia.

Willing Participants: The people that inhabit the game world are all volunteer souls that agreed to take part in the game.

Guides: The Balthazar character was made to be my literal in game avatar, he isn't a player in Battle of the Gods but he is the guide for Reginald. Unrelated, I found out that Balthazar means 'protector of the king' or something similar, and Reginald means 'ruler'. I also intended for Reginald to be a king before I knew this.
Oralordos wrote:
The volunteer souls don't remember their choice. They just think that they have been brought into being by their god at this world. They don't know that it's a game or anything about their surroundings unless their god tells them.

Magikarcher got the starting scale pretty good. Early game your settlements and cities will be populated mostly by your god. Later game you will have enough people that your god can sit back on that part.

Also, in the mansion time is in flux. Some gods will seem to have hours, others might only have minutes. Sometimes you might find yourself in the past, making moves in the game to catch up if you weren't able to take your turn. This is to show that some people have more free time to play this role play with an in-universe perspective.
Back to top Go down
Snowyowl

Snowyowl

Character sheet
Name: Somerley
Race Name: Aquarians

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods Rules   Battle of the Gods Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Can I make small actions on behalf of other character? Like saying "yes" or "no", or showing their reactions to something? I'll keep it in character, and change it if you send me a PM saying I'm out of line.
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet
Name: Imun
Race Name: Ilosa

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods Rules   Battle of the Gods Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm

That's fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods Rules   Battle of the Gods Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Gods Rules
Page 1 of 1