Battle of the Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Gods

The Roleplay forums for Battle of the Gods.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
It is now turn 2.

Running commentary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowyowl

Snowyowl

Character sheet
Name: Somerley
Race Name: Aquarians

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:02 pm

This topic is to discuss current events in the game from an OOC perspective.

I've never played any RPGs before, but I know the basic idea. I was very interested by the ability this game presents to control several characters at once. So I'm going to be treating this RPG more as collaborative story-writing than as a game whose objective is to win. If I lose, but lose in a dramatically satisfying way, I will be happier than if I win in a boring way.

Now, my character of Somerley is treating it as a game, and does want to win. On the other hand, if you asked them, the Aquarians would say they just want everyone to be happy. Having a god and his people at cross-purposes should make for a fun story.

Although I agree with the broad strokes of Somerley's philosophy, I would have accepted Rogue's deal in this post.
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet
Name: Imun
Race Name: Ilosa

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Personally I believe in Somerley's philosophy. As nice as it would be to have a world where that sort of thing can't happen, it really would just be limiting free-will. Although now that I think about it, the creations wouldn't know any different. That begs some questions. I might have to think about all this more myself.

Personally, I also am treating it more as cooperative storytelling as well. I'm also making everything up on the spot. I have no plans for the future, no special ideas on what's going to happen. It's all a mystery to me as well. Although I am throwing hints around that I have vague ideas of using in future times. I would recommend paying attention to all of Imun's remarks. I plan on having even the ones that don't seem to have any meaning to influence the story in some way.

Did anyone else notice that Imun forgot to put up that chart of Growth Point costs that he said he would put up after he was done speaking? Smile
Back to top Go down
eliotn

Character sheet
Name: Rogue
Race Name: Pixie

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Oralordos wrote:
Personally I believe in Somerley's philosophy. As nice as it would be to have a world where that sort of thing can't happen, it really would just be limiting free-will. Although now that I think about it, the creations wouldn't know any different. That begs some questions. I might have to think about all this more myself.

Personally, I also am treating it more as cooperative storytelling as well. I'm also making everything up on the spot. I have no plans for the future, no special ideas on what's going to happen. It's all a mystery to me as well. Although I am throwing hints around that I have vague ideas of using in future times. I would recommend paying attention to all of Imun's remarks. I plan on having even the ones that don't seem to have any meaning to influence the story in some way.

Did anyone else notice that Imun forgot to put up that chart of Growth Point costs that he said he would put up after he was done speaking? Smile

Yeah, I wondered why we don't have a chart of growth point costs. I would like to know how I can start building units/expansions.
Back to top Go down
UsOurselvesandWe

UsOurselvesandWe

Character sheet
Name: Siccus
Race Name: Bellundinae

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:08 am

Like Snowyowl I don’t have a past in RPGs. I am also treating this as a collaborative writing exercise and not particularly trying to win. Siccus is not trying to win either, he is more interested in the journey then the destination, much like myself. I only have one thing planned but where, when, and how that happens is still a mystery to me and will change depending on what takes place in the next few days or so.
Back to top Go down
eliotn

Character sheet
Name: Rogue
Race Name: Pixie

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:04 am

I guess I have a past in RPGs. And I am mostly here to have a new experience. And not much planned, I hope this will be a fun experience.
Back to top Go down
Oralordos
Admin
Oralordos

Character sheet
Name: Imun
Race Name: Ilosa

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:21 pm

I think I may be showing off my inexperience with stuff like this. Starting everyone off unable to do anything. Imun certainly seems to have changed from what I envisioned him as. I originally thought of someone who was very childlike. Now he seems more like a somewhat out of it scientist. I wouldn't be surprised if he had memorized that speech he had given before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running commentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running commentary   Running commentary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running commentary
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle of the Gods :: BotG OOC-
Jump to: